TAGGED: dgtd, export-data, interpolation
February 28, 2023 at 2:03 pmSarah SkoffSubscriber
I have a quick question regarding data or image export in DGTD. Is there a convenient way to export electric field data in DGTD. I tried to convert the triagular mesh into a rectilinear grid with the interptri function (please see attached image). My script is in close analogy to the example script on the interptri function script manual page (interptri manual page)
However, if i compare the established data to the original plot of the electric field the values are different.
Am I missing something in my script while calculating the electric field amplitude, or is there a better way to export the electric field data in DGTD for post processing in Python?
Thank you all very much in advance!
March 1, 2023 at 6:22 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
The profile seems correct. Is the max value in the interpolated the same as the original? since it is interpolated the result may be somewhat averaged. You may also check the script again.
After simulation you have the raw data. You can export the data to the 3rd party tools, provided that they can read the data correctly.
March 2, 2023 at 11:47 amSarah SkoffSubscriber
The plots generated by the Visualiser seemed to be fine. Can you please provide the script for this visualisation?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.