Fluids

Fluids

Exporting from Fluent to Transient Structural

• francescone96
      Subscriber

Hi everybody,

I'm performing a 2D analysis on Ansys, i have to export the temperature field from a transient analysis on Fluent to a Transient Structural module. When i do this i get the following error: "The addin does not support transfer of data for 2D models. Please delete the load before you proceed."

In fact i cannot load the temperature field (which are a lot of time-step and by doing it manually will be impossible)

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      No, you cannot perform any type of FSI in 2D. The programs require a face to transmit the forces/displacements from one to the other. However, what is a 2D simulation but a 3D setup with only one cell/element in the normal direction?nTo fake a 2D simulation, you need to extrude your geometry in the normal direction, and then ensure that there is only one cell/element in said direction. I recommend using the Sweep method in Ansys Mesher. From here, it's as simple as the video describes.You might try to code it manually via external data after using post to export load. Better if you extrude one cell thickness and that is it n
    • francescone96
      Subscriber
      Thank you for the fast response. nCan i give a thickness to a 2D geometry? It's quite new to me, since i'm using a 2D element (i checked the element type in the solution and is a PLANE182 which has only UX,UY dofs). nHow can i do what you suggest to me?Thank you very much, i will appreciate any help about this issuen
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      I dunno. I will extrude the geometry for CFD and FEA. nperhaps you can comment on the FEA part.n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nI can help you transform your 2D model into a 3D model with the 2.5D characteristic of one cell in the extrude dimension.nClear the solution and clear the mesh, then save the Project. Now use File Archive to create a .wbpz file. Put that file in a .zip file. You can attach the .zip file to your reply.nIn your reply state the version of Ansys you are using.n
    • francescone96
      Subscriber
      Thank you a lot for the fast reply! nI asked to my department and i'm not allowed to send the project files. I'm really sorry, can you provide just a line-guide on how to do that? nIn any case i really appreciated your effort about the issue nthank youn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.