October 12, 2018 at 11:09 pmasamaiyarSubscriber
I am trying to export Gerber from HFSS (not HFSS 3D Layout). For that I follow following steps:
1) Export DXF of all the layers
2) Import DXF in HFSS 3D Layout
3) Export Gerber from there
To create board outline I create a polygon around the board and another polygon bigger by 10 mils on each direction and then subtract. Then I follow the same procedure as mentioned above. But the problem is when I send it to manufacturers for fabrication, they say they want an "outline" feature for board layout and not the surface feature. But HFSS does not export polylines to gerber.
What is the most recommended way of creating gerber files from HFSS models?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.