Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Exporting Mesh

• Brian9Scott
      Subscriber
      Hi guys. I'm having trouble exporting my mesh to Fluent. I select everything that I need to but when I hit export, it doesn't do anything. It was working for me a few hours ago then it just stopped. No warning or anything. Any help, please? My university project is on the line.
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

from where you are exporting mesh? is it workbench meshing?

make sure you have volume mesh generated. then use file -> export. please use fluent option to export mesh. 

if it gives error of overlapping named selection, use right click on named selection and use fix overlapping named selection. then again export the mesh. 

Regards,

Keyur

If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

• Brian9Scott
      Subscriber
      Yes, it is Workbench meshing. (Workbench>Fluid Flow (Fluent)).
      The mesh is generated and I select fluent mesh but it doesn't return any error. It just doesn't export. It had been working until it just stopped.
      I even tried uninstalling Ansys and reinstalling it again but no joy.
      Could there be something else?
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee

Check the messages in Meshing, it may not report an error via a pop-up. The common cause is that you have surfaces in two named selections: Fluent doesn't like that. 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Also, please check on simple test case like a cube or cylinder. 

Regards,

Keyur

If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

• Brian9Scott
      Subscriber
      Would you kindly elaborate on this?
    • Brian9Scott
      Subscriber
      I used a cube and the reaction was still the same.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee

You should see some messages in the main Meshing window (often below the graphics window).  Can you confirm you're trying to export a volume mesh and not a shell?  Post an image of the tree (Geometry, Contacts, Mesh etc on left side of the window) with all options expanded. 

• Brian9Scott
      Subscriber
      There were no messages or anything of the sort. It was a real mystery.
      As I'm writing this, the export feature is currently working. I uninstalled Ansys and cleared all app data from my laptop then reinstalled it again. It works now.

Thanks for your input though.
    • Brian9Scott
      Subscriber
      Thanks to everyone who chipped in with solutions. I uninstalled Ansys and cleared all app data then reinstalled it. I guess there was something not working correctly in the background. Exporting Fluent mesh can now be done.
      Thanks again to everyone.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.