December 26, 2022 at 4:36 ammkalelSubscriber
Hello I am running thermo-mechanical simulation in ANSYS APDL. I have got the good transient thermal and structural result. Now I want to export (especially the structural result to workbench) for post processing. I feel easier to do post process in workbench. I followed the step made by simutech.com to do the post process.
When I hit to upload result file (.rst) on workbench it shows error everytime. anybody help me in this? i was thinking .maybe my file (rst) is too big. its like 467gb.
[b] Also I am doing an metal wire DED additive manufacturing process. After the completion of structural simulation. would I be able to see the deformed structure like in actual 3D printing experiment. (for example If i run the thermo-mechanical simulation for one single bead then CAD model would be long rectuagular shape, after the simulation I would like to see the (deformed shaped like bead shaped. is this possible in ansys? there was a option total deformation but I am curious if it going to give the deformed shape or just the numeric value>?
December 26, 2022 at 1:41 pmAniketAnsys Employee
Can you please open a new thread for question b? Also, for part a, which I will try to answer here, can you please try it on smaller rst file and see if the process works for you? What is the error that you get with current RST?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.