Fluids

Fluids

Expression as observable in adjoint solver (v22.R1)???

• Jesus Matesanz Garcia
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am defining a named expression to be used as an observable in the adjoint optimiser. I am following the instructions as defined in the section 41.2.2.3 of the documentation (Fluent version 22.R1). Nevertheless, when I go to define the observable I am unable to select any expression. I have tried to use scalar and field expressions as defined in the documentation. It does  not work with either option. I have tried both using the GUI and the TUI for this, with no success. Is there anything I must change to make this option available? The aim is to define a momentum integral in a pressure outlet and a pressure inlet boundary. 

Thanks beforehand for your help

• ehsan.sadeghi
      Subscriber
      The same exact problem here. Seems that there are limited number of observables that can be defined.
    • Murari Iyengar
      Ansys Employee

Hi, 

Are your Named Expressions resulting in single valued scalars? Can you please share some screenshots of your Named Expressions and the Observables box?

• Jesus Matesanz Garcia
      Subscriber

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. My expressions were singled value scalars. I actually used the example from the manual to test if the problem came from my side. However, this did not work either. I kept having the same standard Observables display window. I have also tested with the TUI and the expression is still not available. Is there anything that I need to activate to have access to the expressions on the adjoint solver?

• Murari Iyengar
      Ansys Employee

Can you please share screenshots of your Named Expression and Observables Dialog box?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.