Materials

Materials

Extending a pre-existing, transient, fluent simulation with species transport

• ducogaillard
      Subscriber

Hi everybody,

I have a large, transient, fluid flow simulation with hundreds of time-steps (.dat files), in which the basic fluid flow field is solved.

I want to add in the species transport model in this simulation. The geometry has multiple inlets, the goal is to "color" fluid coming from one of the inlets. I do this by creating a material which is exactly the same as the bulk material, and having it come out of the selected inlet. This allows me to determine the amount of fluid coming from that inlet in any cell.

Because the two materials are identical, the species transport will have no effect on the flow field.

Is there a way to use the flow field, which is already calculated, to quickly calculate the concentration of this identical species throughout the geometry?

Proposition of a different method is also welcome.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      you can try enabling species model and run further. There are a couple of other ways but see if the mist simple one does work.
    • ducogaillard
      Subscriber

Hi Amine, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately that wont work as I will have to re-run all the time steps that I have calculated. I'm really looking to edit the timesteps (.dat files) that I already have.

Kind regards,

Duco

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

You cannot edit the created dat files.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.