General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Extracting beam data and printing to csv

• nodalrob
      Subscriber

I am trying to collect force information from beam elements representing bolts in a response spectrum analysis. I just need the axial and shear reaction forces of the beam. I would prefer to export the beam forces into a .txt file or .csv file. I wrote a command script that is able to print out the element reaction forces in the local coordinates that goes to the output file. When I try to print out nodal reaction information to a csv, it provides unusual or unformatted values. My two questions are as follow:

1. Is there a way to print resultant values in local coordinates rather than global, as I am doing now?
      2. What is causing my current csv to be unformatted/incorrect?

Screenshot, input command script, current csv output, and ansys output file attached. Thank you in advance for the help

• Dave Looman
      Ansys Employee
      Question 1
      If you create etable items for the smisc items you can *get those. For example,
      etable,sm1,smisc,1
      etable,sm5,smisc,5
      etable,sm6,smisc,6
      *GET,el_num,ELEM,,NUM,MAX ! get element number *get,sm1_val,etab,1 *get,sm1_val,etab,1,elem,el_num ! 1 is column number of the etable
      *get,sm1_val,etab,2,elem,el_num
      *get,sm1_val,etab,3,elem,el_num
      Question 2
      The 2nd format is E13.8 but should be A1
      *vwrite,'BEAM%i%,',stressX1,',',stressY1,',',stressZ1,',',stressX2,',',stressY2,',',stressZ2
      (A8,E13.8,A1,E13.8,A1,E13.8,A1,E13.8,A1,E13.8,A1,E13.8)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.