September 6, 2022 at 9:24 pmweijia.li3Subscriber
I am working on extracting the S-parameters of the modulator by Electrical Network Analyzer (ENA) in Lumerical Interconnect. Please see the figure below for the circuit, all the components are ideal. But the result of the ENA is empty with a warning: "no valid result could be found with the current circuit s-parameters".
For the applications provided by Lumerical, the ENA can be used the get the S-parameters of low-pass filters, S-parameter elements and traveling wave electrodes. All those are in the electrical domain.
I am wondering if the ENA can be used when there are E/O and O/E conversions (using Modulators and PDs) in the network. If so, would you mind giving some suggestions?
Thanks a lot!
September 22, 2022 at 12:50 amKyleAnsys Employee
Is the ENA "analysis type" property set to "scattering data" or "impulse response"? It should be set to "impulse response for this analysis.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.