May 11, 2023 at 3:51 pmSahaSubscriber
Is there any way to monitor index profile of a material over time in a nonlinear pump-probe simulation in Lumerical FDTD ?
I want to simulate a pump-probe experiment, where the intense pump will propagate through a dispersive nonlinear material and induce a change in index (for example by effective third order nonlinearity) and I want to see this change in the material index over time.
I see there are separate index monitors and time monitors available in Lumerical. But is there a way to combine them here, or is there a way to do it with post processing?
May 11, 2023 at 10:19 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Currently the time-related index cannot be output. You can file a feature request.
The index monitor is only for frequency-domain, which is frequency-dependent as expeted.
One way to get the time evolving index is from theory: calculate the induced index change by the nonlinear effects. You can record the time-dependent fields with a time monitor.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.