June 27, 2018 at 3:05 amFabricio.UrquhartSubscriber
I am doing my master thesis, that is a steel bolted connection analysis. I am learning a lot here in the community, thank you.
Now, I have a problem with the bolt stress results.
I think that the problem with the bolt, is something in the geometry. Because when I try to apply a boolean with, Head, fastener and wash of the bolt, it does not occure. Maybe something wrong that I am doing extrude a surface, cutting the material. I think this, becasue when I take the direcional deformation in the bolt axis, I see the picture below:
So, there is something wrong with my bolt geometry.
The model is attached.
Thank you one more time!!!
June 27, 2018 at 9:36 am
June 27, 2018 at 10:39 amFabricio.UrquhartSubscriber
It is true scale, now the geometry is correct, but i snot converging...
June 27, 2018 at 11:12 am
June 27, 2018 at 2:41 pmFabricio.UrquhartSubscriber
I don't understand why when I apply boolean in the parts of the bolt, it does not merge the solids. Could you help me with boolean?
June 28, 2018 at 12:04 am
June 28, 2018 at 1:49 am
June 28, 2018 at 1:51 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
You had three bodies in one multibody part and Shared Topology connected the mesh. Why do you need to Boolean these bodies together?
These are well connected meshes.
There is no problem performing a Boolean on those bodies if that is the last operation. However when you have a Share Topo item in the outline, you can't do a Boolean. In fact, Share Topo is not required to Share Topology. It is an obsolete function.
18.2 archive attached.
June 28, 2018 at 11:52 amFabricio.UrquhartSubscriber
Thank you Peter. How did you get the picture that is in the right?With this picture you can see that the elements are not regular, because this, I think that the peak of stress is appearing.
What do you think about?
June 28, 2018 at 9:58 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
The reason is Average Across Bodies is set to No by default.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.