July 26, 2019 at 6:40 pmpranav5Subscriber
I'm studying Si die/chip warpage and forces required to flatten them (Image of the schematic is attached). The dimensions of the die are 10,000 um length, 6000 um width and 300-700 um thickness. The die warpage is 0.1-1 um.
When I sketch such geometry in DesignModeler and try to extrude it along the width, I get:
Error: No profiles could be swept along the selected direction vector
Context: Extrude Feature Extrude2
How can I fix this?
July 26, 2019 at 8:19 pm
August 1, 2019 at 6:53 pmpranav5Subscriber
Thanks, Peter. I've updated the post as per your suggestion.
August 2, 2019 at 1:58 pmRobAnsys Employee
You've probably run of of significant figures in the CAD tolerance/accuracy. Try building it so warpage is 1cm, and die length is 10,000 cm. I assume you can rescale in Mechanical?
If that doesn't work can you squash the die length (scale) to build the model and then stretch (scale) in Mechanical once it's meshed?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to work with STL file?
- Using Symmetry in DesignModeler and Expanding the Results
- Rotate tool in ANSYS Design Modeler
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- section plane
- material properties
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies
- Geometry scaling
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- Convert Surface body to solid
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.