Fluids

Fluids

Extrude from Inlet/Outlet to create Entrance/Outlet length

• Monta
      Subscriber

Hello eveyone,

for modeling turbulent flow, it is recommended to consider an entrance length to get a fully developed turbulent flow. I did it so far in Design modeler or in SpaceClaim but I want to know if there is extrusion function or sthg like for example in STAR CCM+ where that does the same thing.

Regards

Monta

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      You can use TUI for that: mesh\modify-zones\extrude
      You can also extrude in Fluent Meshing watertight workflow.
      Please go through help manual for more details
      Regards Keyur
      How to access Ansys Online Help Document
      Guidelines on the Student Community

• Monta
      Subscriber
      thanks for replying. I don't mean later in fluent. I mean in Ansys Meshing before loading the mesh to fluent.
      Regards Monta
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      It's an extra option once the volume mesh has been created. Right click on the "volume mesh" action in the workflow and it should be there. Note it's new in 2022R1 so whilst possible in earlier versions you'd need to interact with the mesh objects.
    • Monta
      Subscriber
      thanks Rob for replying. I mean in Workbench meshing programm not in watertight workflow in fluent.
      Is there here a way to extrude the selected face to create for example entrace length, in order to enable the turbulent flow to develop.
      Thanks for help.
      Regards Monta

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Not in Ansys (Workbench) Meshing, that requires the geometry to be present. Fluent Meshing works with a facetted version of the geometry so suffers fewer constraints (but has other issues). You can extrude the face mesh in Fluent, but the function may only be available if you run on one node (it used to be a serial only feature).
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.