Fluids

Fluids

Face handedness, Floating Exception Error

• devanshchoksi
      Subscriber
      I am trying to simulate the flow through a rotating turbine. I am using the sliding mesh technique. When I try to run the model, I get the following errors:nWarning: Failed to correct face handedness of 7 out of 17 left-handed faces on the sliding interface zone 8nError: floating point exceptionnError Object: #fnI know that my mesh quality is poor, it is less than 0.1 (Minimum value). If I am trying to improve it, it exceeds the 500,000 elements (Limit for academic purpose). nCould someone please help me resolve this issue? I need it for my thesis, I just need to run the simulation to calculate the actual power.
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      You will need to improve your mesh. The min orthogonal quality should be above 0.1. Also make sure that you have defined interfaces and axis of rotation correctly in Fluent. nPlease check following videosnnAnsys Meshing
      please search forum for improving mesh further. nRegards,nKeyurnHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentnHow to show full resolution imagenGuidelines on the Student CommunitynHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student Communityn
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.