Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Face sizing or Body sizing, which one is better for surface bodies?

Tagged: 

• Rameez_ul_Haq
      Subscriber
      Can anyone tell which meshing option is going to be better when meshing a surface body, face sizing (selecting all the faces of the surface body), or body sizing (directly selecting the surface body). I tried both, sometimes the mesh obtained from face sizing is better while sometimes from body sizing is better. But the mesh obtained from face sizing is most of the times is different from that obtained from body sizing (I mean the quality, Aspect Ratio, Skewness, etc).nWhy is that the mesh is different for both, and which one should be chosen?n
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      What method you are using?nThere would be very small difference. If quality is good in both cases, you can proceed to solver. nPlease check following videosnnAnsys Meshing
      ,nKeyurnHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentnHow to show full resolution imagenGuidelines on the Student CommunitynHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student Communitynn
    • Rameez_ul_Haq
      Subscriber
      ,I am using Quad Dominant. But the problem is I cannot check everytime which (face or body) is resulting in a better mesh quality since they appear to be different from each other in the examples I conducted.n
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      If you are doing fluid mesh, please do not use quad dominant.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.