November 19, 2023 at 6:40 amKawshik NathSubscriber
When, i want to simulate the electrical properties of plasmonic solar cell in charge module, i've faced a problem. At the time, when i'm incorporating the nanoparticles or plasmonics the simulation didn't run ( adding the simulations in the absorber layer), because the nanoparticels are metal and it shows that there must be a boundary condition for the nanoparticles. But i used the boundary conditions already for the front and back contact. So, plz help me how can i solve this problem. I've attached the necessary information regarding this simulation below.
November 21, 2023 at 8:22 pmAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
CHARGE provides current/charge analysis for semiconductor materials. Metals are only applied as contacts to apply voltage to the semiconductor. So, if a metallic object doesn't have an associated BC, then this will cause an error. If you can evaluate some of the effects that you are looking for without using the gold nanoparticles, then CHARGE will be useful. Otherwise, CHARGE won't be able to simulate it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ganhemt Project mistake can you help me
- How to calculate the cross-polarization efficiency and phase in FDTD
- save data error
- Simulation of a single pillar of a peltier cooler
- EME : field profile and cell periodicity
- Ansys Insight: Single frequency CW source
- What is the meaning of this error ” Bad termination of…” ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.