General Mechanical

General Mechanical

failed mesh

• Jayanth
      Subscriber

It failed to mesh. when i try to mesh it is showing some error. i.e component failed to mesh  

• jj77
      Subscriber

Could be many reasons why it failed, so we would need more information in order to help. Feel free also to attach a model file so we can have a closer look.

• Jayanth
      Subscriber

Could be many reasons why it failed, so we would need more information in order to help. Feel free also to attach a model file so we can have a closer look.https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rvSF8nOAsaW6PrMFWPQumfOnMrZNm8xK

this is the link of files

• jj77
      Subscriber

Unfortunately I cannot open/mesh the parasolid files (student licences do not have the interface). I had a quick look on the CAD data though, and saw that you use 3D CAD for a frame chassis structure. For such a frame structure, beam/truss elements should be used since the pipes are thin and require an extremely fine 3D mesh in order to capture correctly the structural behaviour (e.g., bending)

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

@jj77, you can open Parasolid files with the Student license using SpaceClaim, File > Open, or in Design Modeler using File > Import External Geometry File.  You can't use Browse on a Geometry cell in Workbench and attach a Parasolid file, that requires a license, which is a bit ridiculous considering the previous sentence.

@Jayanth, I have several posts on car frames that you should look at. JJ77 is right, beam elements would be good, especially if you have to stay within the Student license limits, or shell elements on a midsurface of the pipe is another good choice. The pipes in the Parasolid are surfaces, not solids. They need to a Sew or Stitch operation to turn them into solids.

Frame using Beam/Truss Elements

Frame using Shell Elements (with more links in that discussion)

• Jayanth
      Subscriber

i attached iges file of corresponding document

• Jayanth
      Subscriber

i use solidworks. could you suggest a way for performing that operation

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.