Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Failed to run Explicit Dynamic on ANSYS 18.1

• rickywugunawan
      Subscriber

Hi everyone, I am trying to run a model using Explicit Dynamics AUTODYN. It was okay before but suddenly I can't run my ANSYS using Explicit Dynamics AUTODYN anymore. I have already reinstalled the program a couple times but it still does not work. This is the preview of the "solution information" and "RSM"

Explicit Dynamic Solution InformationRSM

This is the second time I faced this problem. I manage to solve it on other computer by reinstalling and delete all of the ANSYS model inside my computer. I tried to do the same on the other computer but it did not work.

I saw similar problem on this forum but no one answered yet. can anyone help me?

Thank you so much

• Wenlong
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

I am looking into this issue and will let you know once I find a solution. 

Regards,

Wenlong

• Wenlong
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. Just checking when you do the installation, have you installed the MPI?

Regards,

Wenlong

• Wenlong
      Ansys Employee

If you want to turn off distributed run and run SMP, Aniket pointed out how to turn if off in the old Mechanical interface: https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/mpi-error-while-doing-hyperelastic-simulation/?order=all#comment-21f2cf48-8222-4eed-b1cd-ab9601140727

Regards,

Wenlong

• rickywugunawan
      Subscriber

Hi Wenlong, 

Thank you so much for your time and responses.

I did not install the MPI though, is it necessary? Because previously I can run my ANSYS just fine before.

I also follow the Aniket advice to turn off the distributed run. But it still did not solve the problem and I still face the same problem.

Stuck on

Is it possible that the problem is on the Explicit Dynamic AUTODYN License?

Because in my different computer, after the "AUTODYN PRE-SOLVER SETUP COMPLETE." appears, usually it says license acquired or something like that. But this time it can not get the license, thus it won't continue the process.

Regards, 

Ricky

• Wenlong
      Ansys Employee

Hi Ricky,

Due to my limited knowledge, I don't have a direct answer.

I found a post on the same issue as yours and it may be helpful to you. https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/explicit-dynamics-on-hpc/.

Let me ask experts in RSM for help and get back to you. 

Regards,

Wenlong

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Don't install the extra MPI.

If this worked before and now showing this issue in RSM report, try this in CMD Prompt

move "%appdata%ansys" "%appdata%ansys.old"

If this doesn't help,

Are you using VPN ?

Make sure you connect to either LAN or Wi-FI but not both at the same time

Can you try temporarily disabling all security (Anti-virus, Firewall) on the machine ?

Thanks,

Win

• rickywugunawan
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

thank you for your response. This is the CMD result, it thinks it doesn't work

I don't use a VPN. I already try disabling Anti-virus, Firewall, and the Internet. But nothing works.

I will provide another setting in my model, hopefully, it will be helpful for you.

Regards, 
      Ricky

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Ricky,

The fact that the first command doesn't work is a red flag. Somehow, you don't have access (mostly 'write' permission) to C:UsersUSERAppDataRoamingAnsys  , please check permissions settings and everything there.

Thanks,

Win

• rickywugunawan
      Subscriber

dear Win,

Thank you for the advice. Finally, I decided to format my computer and reinstall my Windows and it works. I can use the explicit dynamics normally again now.

Regards, 

Ricky

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Ricky,

Great to hear that it's working for you now ! There was some write permission issue, so ANSYS can't write files there.

Thanks,

Win

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.