June 3, 2022 at 10:00 amnicolas.barthetSubscriber🛈 This post originally contained file attachments which have been removed in compliance with the updated Ansys Learning Forum Terms & Conditions
Im getting an error message that my license needs to be refreshed.
But during the login procedure I keep getting the same message.
License entitlements have not been refreshed since ...
We have a proxy in place, but the environment variable has been set.
The firewall exclusions were set up as well.
I have added a zip file with the content of the %temp%/.ansys.
When trying to aactivate the license using the command line options, this seems to work, but I still need to login with my account afterwards.
The activation is not logged back to my myaccount.ansys.com account.
What is left to do to fix this problem?
June 3, 2022 at 10:34 amDevendra BadgujarAnsys Employee
Hi Nicolas Barthet
I checked your account and it seems that your license is not active on any device.
If it is telling to do entitlement license refresh, please execute license refresh command as mentioned in below post. Note that you first need to set the appropriate directory as mentioned in the initial section of this post for executing the command successfully.
Discovery Subscription license - Command line options
If you problem persist even after doing this, please go through to this document: https://discoveryforum.ansys.com/t/q5gwjy/discovery-license-activation-troubleshooting
Also, please make sure you have installed the software while your antivirus and Windows Defender security settings were disabled
June 3, 2022 at 11:27 amdimitri.goethalsSubscriber
I am assisting Mr Barhet with this issue.
We already have done the two things you metioned.
But there is a proxy server in use, but even though we have added the proxy server as an environment variable and we have added all the exeptions to the fire wall, the license activation / refreshing is not working. (not using the command line options nor via the login window).
That is why he added the zip file with the data of the %temp%/.ansys folder (as metioned in chapter 5 of the throuble shooting
Can you already have a look at this data if it can give us extra info for the failure?
I will have to contact the IT department to check whether the installation was done without Antivirus or Defender active.
June 3, 2022 at 11:39 amDevendra BadgujarAnsys Employee
Hi Dimitri G Nicolas Barthet
Let me check this with the installation team and get back to you with more information.
June 3, 2022 at 12:21 pmDevendra BadgujarAnsys Employee
Hi Dimitri G Nicolas Barthet
Please run the full Client diagnostics and share the files to investigate it further.
For Versions 2021R1 and Newer:
1. Launch the ‘ANSYS Client Licensing Settings’ as the user experiencing the problem.
2. Click ‘Gather Diagnostics’
3. Click ‘Generate’
4. In the screen it will indicate a zip file being created. Please email that zip file to firstname.lastname@example.org
For Versions 2020R2 and Older:
1. Launch the Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility as the user experiencing the problem.
2. Click View Status/Diagnostic Options
3. Click Gather Diagnostic Information
4. Select Yes when prompted
5. If you would like to specify the directory of the diagnostic files, select Yes. If not, select No (there will be a pop-up window displaying the location of the diagnostic files once it’s finished gathering the files)
6. Please zip the entire diagnostic directory and send to to email@example.com
June 7, 2022 at 10:18 amDevendra BadgujarAnsys Employee
Continued through email.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Copy user settings to new release
- Electric Heating – Ansys AIM
- problem to access on the spaceclaim help
- Discovery Getting Crashed
- Dwg export error
- Critical error
- BUG to correct is important
- Error messages running solver
- Discovery Live freezes with multiple load cases while topology optimization
- Unexpected graphics error
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.