May 14, 2018 at 1:54 pmAhmed nabilSubscriberThanks peteroznewman for reply??
My model is about railway track and i study the effect of soil defects on the track
So i want to know how to get the maximum shear strength of the soil in ansys to sustain loads without failure by shear stress
I use ansys workbench14.0 where
the model is in 2d
Iam sorry when i want to reply to the last post it didnot available
May 15, 2018 at 2:40 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Railway tracks lie on sleepers made of wood or concrete. The sleepers lie on gravel called track ballast which may be 300 mm thick on top of the soil that supports it.
Sleepers are intermittent, which is really 3D geometry, but you will average that out and represent this as a 2D model. Please reply with a Project Archive of your model and say which release of ANSYS you are using.
Image by I, LooiNL, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=2493350
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.