August 23, 2022 at 8:44 pmKlotzkinSubscriber
I am trying to do something which is probably simple, but I cannot find the process. I'd like to calculate the far field of some basic laser waveguide modes in the form of line plots (to get perpendicular and parallel FWHM, which are the usual measured numbers). there are scripts like this one ( https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034394334-Creating-line-plots-of-far-field-projections) that talk about it, but I cannot find the relevant dataset in MODE (if I use FDE;:data::mode1, it does not work, and there no other monitors explicitely set).
And the second thing is another 'where is the monitor' question. In MODE, how would I calculate the fraction of optical power confined to the quantum wells, to estimate confiment factor?
Thank you very much.
August 24, 2022 at 7:36 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
What does your waveguide look like? is it 2D cross section or 1D?
line plot only works for 1D. If it is 2D, you will need to first get the cross section in 1D. Do you have 1D data?
Do you want near field or farfield?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.