June 1, 2022 at 12:26 amRomil_AudhkhasiSubscriberHi I am trying to calculate the far-field pattern of a magnetic dipole oriented along the z direction placed next to a 100nm thick gold layer at a wavelength of 10 microns (see image). For this, I am running a 2D simulation and using the scat_ff analysis group. The xy plane radiation pattern that I get is highly unsymmetrical about the y-axis. This is strange (and most likely incorrect) as the structure is symmetric about the y-axis.
Could you please let me know what I am doing wrong?
June 23, 2022 at 4:20 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Sorry to reply you late since the forum is under migration, and some posts are locked.
Do you expect a side lob appearing at phi=180deg? it is towards to -y plane. It is unlikely to have a symmetric lob there since -y plane has the gold layer which strongly reflects the radiation. Please check the fields at monitors y1 and y2 and their relative strength.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.