January 19, 2023 at 4:41 pmMike NevilleSubscriber
Hi all, I am trying to use the farfield3dintegrate function as part of a figure of merit for the FDTD optimasation feature, but am getting a message saying this is not a valid function despite it working fine in the script environment. The code i am using is below.
E = farfield.E2;
ux = farfield.ux;
uy = farfield.uy;
acceptangle = asin(NA) *360/(2*pi);
out =1;# farfield3dintegrate(E, ux, uy, acceptangle);
out1 = farfield3dintegrate(E, ux, uy, 90);
fom = powernorm * (out/out1);
Farfield is defined as a result in the optimization fom environment. Can anyone suggest why this function may not be working?
January 20, 2023 at 4:54 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Did you use those script inside Optimization ? it only holds certain script to work there. The best way to do this is in the "model". Then you choose its output as the FOM during the optimization. Please try.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.