Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Fatal Error while Launching ANSYS Programs

• scottmchugh18
      Subscriber

I have tried installing and deleting ANSYS 4 times now and still run into the same error while trying to launch most of the other programs. It says the license is a demo license and it is unable to run. Please help, i have a project that is due soon and need this program to complete it. 

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Open CMD Prompt and enter the following commands

move "%appdata%ansys" "%appdata%ansys.old"

"%awp_root201%..Shared FilesLicensingwinx64ansysli_util" -checkout ANS_SOLVER

Post the output of it here.

• tcoupert
      Subscriber

Fresh install of Ansys 2020R1 and when launching Mechanical APDL I always get the error "The procedure entry point pow2o3 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:program filesansys incv201ansysbinwinx64cadoe_core.dll"  i attempted to rename the dll file to see if it will create a new one but that just gives me a different error that it cannot find the dll file.  Uninstall and reinstall did not work either.  We were running 2019 R3 prior without any issues with mechanical apdl.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi tcoupert,

Please create a new thread for your own issue. Copy-paste your description there and add the output of the following command from CMD Prompt

dir /s "C:*cadoe_core*"

Thanks,

Win

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.