General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Fatigue analysis on multistep simulation

• Stat
      Subscriber
      Hi everyone,nI am trying to predict the fatigue life of a stent in a multistep analysis.nIs there a way to apply as cyclic loading only the loading implemented in one of the steps?n
    • ciema
      Subscriber
      What kind of analysis you perform Sir? I cannot understand meaning of word stent. Could you paste here some images of model and boundary conditions? n
    • Stat
      Subscriber
      Of course! I am trying to simulate a stent deployment inside an artery. The stent is the wired mesh with the variant colors. The analysis is consisted of 3 steps. nSTEP 1: Application of 80 mmHg pressure to the arterial wall.nSTEP 2: Deployment of the stent.nSTEP 3: Alteration of 80 mmHg to 120 mmHg pressure.nThe goal is to calculate the fatigue life of the stent due to the fluctuation of pressure. So I want the cyclic loading to be the 80-120 mmHg alteration.nn
    • TomPhemmy
      Subscriber
      You will have to use Tabular data to define the cyclic variation of the load in workbench. Or if the loading has a parametric form (e.g. Sine wave ) then you can input the equations under any load or displacement definition in the project tree. nIn APDL this is more easier to achieve with a do loop. Where are you working in?
    • Stat
      Subscriber
      Unfortunately I have no experience in APDL. I am working in Mechanical Workbench.nIs it not possible to follow a similar process as the one presented here:
      appreciate your response!n
    • Daniel Shaw
      Ansys Employee
      You can do it using the Mechanical Fatigue Tool. You need to solve for the 2 pressure conditions (80 mmHg and 120 mmHg) and then do a Constant Amplitude, Non-Proportional Loading fatigue evaluation. It is explained in the Mechanical Help. You need to set up a solution combination that contains the 2 result sets and then place a fatigue tool under that solution combination.n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.