March 24, 2020 at 6:29 pmpierj88Subscriber
Hi all, I'm Piergiorgio, an italian mechanical engineer that is starting to learn Ansys Workbench. I just registered on this forum (a nice forum , I have read a lot of old discussion in the past weeks) and I need an help for a random vibration analysis with fatigue.
The steps I've followed are:
- Define material properties, including Tensile Ultimate Strenght and Alternating Stress Mean Stress Curve.
-Import the model, reducing all to mid plane surfaces
-Do a MODAL ANALISYS, not damped!
-Do a RANDOM VIBRATION ANALYSIS, with constant damping ratio of 0,08. Number of modes to use: all. Output control>Calculate velocity and acceleration: yes.
-I entered 3 PSD G Acceleration, because I've 16 hours PSD acceleration in x-axis, then 16 hours in y-axis, then 16 hours in z-axis.
-In Solution>Fatigue Tools I've set: Method=Steinberg. Stress component=Von-Mises. Exposure duration=57600 s (because the sollecitation is for 16 hours in every direction)
-To obtain the total fatigue damage, I entered a User Define Result with Expression=d1+d2+d3.
Now, after all, I get and error: An error occurred inside the FATIGUE module: Invalid or missing stress life curve.
But the curve is set with Alternating Stress Mean Stress Curve or Bilinear S-N curve (both in attachment). There is something I'm missing?
NOTE: Modal and Random Vibration have the green mark. Solution have the red flash symbol.
And another question: to find the fatigue damage, with the stress that I said before (16hr for every axis), the procedure is correct, using User Define Result d1+d2+d3?
Sorry for this long post, but I've done a lot of try and nothing worked!
Thanks in advance
March 24, 2020 at 9:07 pm
March 25, 2020 at 6:43 ampierj88Subscriber
Thanks a lot, Peter. I'm using Ansys Workbench 18.0.
March 25, 2020 at 4:11 pm
March 27, 2020 at 12:46 pm
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.