November 13, 2022 at 6:18 pmyue anSubscriber
Hi! I am a beginner in Lumerical simulation. When I use FDE (
2-D z normalized solver)to simulate all the possible modes in the photonic crystal structure. I got a mode that has a strong E field in the z-direction and is really weak on Ex and Ey which is weird based on my understanding. Do anyone know what is going on or just me having this problem.
November 14, 2022 at 7:02 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
It is correct result, as now you are simulating a waveguide that confines the mode in a very small area. This is different from the traditional, textbook weak waveguide which has neglegible longitudinal field components. Acutally now the mode is hybride, not the conventional transveral mode that can have only Ex and(or) Ey.
November 17, 2022 at 1:57 amyue anSubscriber
But FDE is a 2d dimension mode solver, how do you calculate the Ez in simulation.
November 17, 2022 at 4:56 amGuilin SunAnsys Employee
it is polarization pointing out of the cross section. and in this case it is the longitudinal field component. Please refer
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.