Photonics

Photonics

FDTD: regarding “Temperature dependent refractive index models”

• Sahar Isapour
      Subscriber

Hello,

I have some questions regarding "Temperature dependent refractive index models". There is a pert called "Nonlinear (tabular) model" and it has a table with 3 temperature and their refractive index changes. I have two questions:
      1.what are the first and third temperature in that table?
      2.how does this table work? for example, based on the number in the table if I put "300.5" for simulation temperature ( which is between second and third temperature) , how does this table calculate the refractive index referring to the table?
      I've attached the table for your consideration.

Best,
      Sahar

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

the 1st column is T, temperature, 3rd one is the imaginary part of refractive index.

Once it has temprature data, you can sweep the temperature, the same as the Temperature attribute.

• Sahar Isapour
      Subscriber

Thank you so much.

I have a database with different temperatures and I don't know based on what I should put temperature for the first and third "Temperatures".

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

I am not sure what exactly your question is. You have the data of temperature, real(n) and imaginery(n)=kappa. You can put the teperature in column 1, real(n) in column 2, and kappa in column 3. Please create the table and save it first.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.