September 26, 2023 at 2:01 pmXiaoxuan MaSubscriber
I have run few days long simulation with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and Lumerical 2023 R2.2. However, it is impossible to finish the few days simulation. The simulation always crashed with an error that APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Hangup (signal 1). Also, the Ubuntu will report an error liked below. Is there any solution about this situation?
September 27, 2023 at 1:12 amLito YapAnsys Employee
A quick google search for this error: SIGSEGV could indicate a hardware issue. Check your hardware (run diagnostics on your RAM, MOBO, CPU). Ensure that you disable any power saving features on your Ubuntu machine. If you are running a large/complex simulation that takes a long time to run:
- Run using a different MPI framework, e.g. Open MPI or use "Local Computer" as the 'Job launching preset'.
- Check/change your simulation to lower the run time. Or run the simulation on a machine with more processes/cores.
- i.e. HPC (on-premise cluster), or Ansys Cloud Direct, or Ansys Gateway powered by AWS with more processes/cores.
- Additional licenses will be required to run on more than 32 processes/cores.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.