February 25, 2022 at 7:05 pmsabrikhiavi.rSubscriber
I am trying to set the FDTD minimum mesh step to a finer value as illustrated in the attached image.
I was wondering what is the script command for it.
Please note that I do not want to use the addmesh command for defining mesh override.March 2, 2022 at 12:50 amGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeYou can use
?setnamed("FDTD","min mesh step",.2e-10);
this will set the min step to be 0.2*10^-10 meter, which is very small.
Please note that usually this parameter is to prevent users accidently set too fine the mesh that the computer cannot handle. And it is the smallest mesh actually can apply to the mesh, even though you set the override mesh or background mesh to be smaller than this one.
It is not intended to use this value as the mesh size. You can use the override mesh to control the local mesh.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.