July 19, 2023 at 9:22 pmAlbi.PaniSubscriber
Hi, suppose I have a sovrapposition of two fields with left and right circular polarization respectively. Is there any way to visualize, with the "movie" feature, a component of electric field (for example Ex) belonging only to one of the polarization (for example left circular polarization) ?
July 20, 2023 at 4:30 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Unfortunately the movie monitor its self cannot display decomposed fields. It displays what is inside the FDTD simulation.
However you can choose individual field component to display (click "field component" tab and choose).
If you want to watch CW movie, then you can display the decomposed field, such as left or right circular polarization using Matlab. Here is an example: https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034915793-Making-a-CW-movie-from-a-frequency-monitor
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.