August 16, 2022 at 6:06 pm
August 17, 2022 at 8:24 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
This can be due to several different causes:
1: online access
from your screenshot, it seems your software is connect to the internet.
2: it might lose some .dll file. Please check installation folder: C:\Program Files\Lumerical\v222\bin
3: maybe the software installation has deficiency.
You may need to install the newest version again. Or better to a clean installation, eg, to remove all Lumerical folders, files completely: https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/5613618572947-Fixing-installation-or-license-activation-issues
Once cleaned the folders and files, restart your computer before reinstall the newest version.
If the software is installed in other drive but not C:, I would strongly suggest to install it on C drive.
4: it can be due to firewall which blocks the software accessing the online resources. Please make sure it does not block.
5: Although it is less likely, but it could be that your internet connection is too slow and software shifts between online/offline mode. In this case, you may try it later when there is less internet traffic in your LAN.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.