Photonics

Photonics

FDTD: Object library is empty – How do I access the photonics structures?

• oluwatobi.olorunsola
      Subscriber

Hello - I wanted to initiate a ring resonator via the object library but I can't 'see'any structure there. I've used this feature recently but it disappeared on me for some reason. See attached picture.No object in library - no structures

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

This can be due to several different causes:
      1: online access

from your screenshot, it seems your software is connect to the internet.

2: it might lose some .dll file. Please check installation folder: C:\Program Files\Lumerical\v222\bin

3: maybe the software installation has deficiency.

You may need to install the newest version again. Or better to a clean installation, eg, to remove all Lumerical folders, files completely: https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/5613618572947-Fixing-installation-or-license-activation-issues

Once cleaned the folders and files, restart your computer before reinstall the newest version.

If the software is installed in other drive but not C:, I would strongly suggest to install it on C drive.

4: it can be due to firewall which blocks the software accessing the online resources. Please make sure it does not block.

5: Although it is less likely, but it could be that  your internet connection is too slow and software shifts between online/offline mode.  In this case, you may try it later when there is less internet traffic in your LAN.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.