February 18, 2022 at 8:59 pmwilliamfraser3Subscriber
My optimization keeps failing because it adds 1 extra point to the x dimension in some generations using the particle swarm algorithm. It eventually quits with the error: "The results from the individual simulations of '::model::field::Ey' are of different sizes and could not be saved."
If I look through the .fsp files that were generated, I see that the x dimension has 793 points in some files and 792 points in other files. The only thing that it supposed to be changing is the duty cycle of a subwavelength grating.
Is there a way to fix this so the Ey matrix always has the same dimensions?February 22, 2022 at 10:24 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeThis could happen if you do not fix the mesh size. I would suggest to use override mesh, but the period keeps the same. for a fixed period, duty cycle change will induce the mesh change if you use "auto non uniform mesh". If periodic changes then you would not be able to cascade the matrix of different dimensions.
February 23, 2022 at 8:01 pmwilliamfraser3SubscriberHi gsun, this appears to have solved my problem. Thank you very much!
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.