Photonics

Photonics

FDTD optimization keeps failing because it occasionally adds 1 point to the x-dimension

• williamfraser3
      Subscriber

My optimization keeps failing because it adds 1 extra point to the x dimension in some generations using the particle swarm algorithm. It eventually quits with the error: "The results from the individual simulations of '::model::field::Ey' are of different sizes and could not be saved."

If I look through the .fsp files that were generated, I see that the x dimension has 793 points in some files and 792 points in other files. The only thing that it supposed to be changing is the duty cycle of a subwavelength grating.  

Is there a way to fix this so the Ey matrix always has the same dimensions?

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      This could happen if you do not fix the mesh size. I would suggest to use override mesh, but the period keeps the same. for a fixed period, duty cycle change will induce the mesh change if you use "auto non uniform mesh". If periodic changes then you would not be able to cascade the matrix of different dimensions.
    • williamfraser3
      Subscriber
      Hi gsun, this appears to have solved my problem. Thank you very much!
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.