June 2, 2023 at 2:03 pmDavid RoeselSubscriber
I have an antenna with multiple sources around it. I have successfully ran my simulation and calculated the far-field projection of the field. How can I calculate the virtual "phase center" of my antenna, given the far-field projection? Thank you!
June 2, 2023 at 8:50 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
According to Balanis' book, the phase center is where in the antenna the radication can be considered as a spherical wave. You may need to find a reference paper for the calculation. For example,
Calculating the Phase Center of an Antenna: A Simple Experimental Method Based on Linear Near-Field Measurements. [Measurements Corner]
a numerical technique to determine antenna phase center
June 2, 2023 at 9:13 pmDavid RoeselSubscriber
In other words, Lumerical is not capable of performing this and I need to export my data into MATLAB or similar and do it manually myself. Am I correct?
June 2, 2023 at 9:47 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
We do not have a direct tool to get the phase center. If you have the necessary data and math formula you can use Lumerical script to do the calculation.
Yes you will need to calculate it manually. You will not find this key word "phase center" in ansys optics website.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.