March 16, 2021 at 3:52 pmTaylor RobertsonAnsys Employee
Materials with a very small real refractive index (such as silver) can be challenging to simulate. This page describes how to obtain accurate simulation results in such cases. Lumerica provides three Ag material models. Other models can be found at refractive index dot info and imported as yaml files.
See AlsoMarch 16, 2021 at 3:57 pmTaylor RobertsonAnsys EmployeeIn FDTD, material data should contain one refractive index at each wavelength point, and these must be fit to a model. You can select the material data that best represent the material you are simulating or create new sampled data from other references or measurements. Low index materials, has small phase velocity which means light will propagate slowly. One should always check the material fit.nViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.