November 7, 2022 at 8:10 amMariah HaSubscriber
I would like to calculate the capacitance of a device in CHARGE. I found an example where a capacitance is calculated over a range of frequencies. In my case, I am studiying a single wavelength 0.85 microns. Does that mean that the capacitance will be calculated for a single frequency only?
November 8, 2022 at 5:47 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Not sure which example you are referring.
The capacitance is q/V, or dQ/dv, which is mostly DC value, and it is used in RF analysis, not optical.
November 9, 2022 at 5:32 am
November 9, 2022 at 3:54 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
It should be the CHARGE response frequency which is far lower than optical frequency. You will need to do a transient simulation in order to know the frequency range, I believe.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.