General Mechanical

General Mechanical

FEA of the GE bracket

Tagged: 

• vagelan
      Subscriber

Hi

Iam struggling to define correct boundary conditions and load cases at the GE bracket. I attach two alternatives that I had made. Any advice?

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      Ansys staff can not download any files on the forum, so if you want to reach a larger audience to get answers from, please insert inline images describing your problem.n-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
    • vagelan
      Subscriber
      Hi again. These are the used boundary conditions and load cases for the ge bracket. Any comment/feedback?nn
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      ,nThe first 3 cases look good to me. For the forth one I am not sure what you have done. Instead of adding forces you could add a moment and scope it to the bracket circular faces. You may want to make sure the mesh is fine enough by doing a convergence study. Also, you could go a step further and add a contact between bolt and the corresponding surface. This will give you a more accurate representation of the force distribution at the bracket holes.nnRegards,nIshan.n
    • vagelan
      Subscriber
      Thank you for the moment I had used a pair of forces to simulate the torque. I think that both solutions are correct.nn
    • vagelan
      Subscriber
      I got this message..Any suggestion how can I fix this?n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.