Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Feature ensemble_25_sim missing from 2021R1 license file.

Tagged: 

• DavidFray
      Subscriber
      Switched license files to use the new 2021R1 license today. Features like aa_r and aa_t_a are gone, replaced by feature ansys. So far so good.nBut, the feature ensemble_25_sim that was in the previous license file is no longer in the new file. Not so good, because students working on their final projects for Winter quarter can not check out that feature, yet log files show they are attempting to. The TA for the course is asking me to fix. I've seen three separate students run into the same problem. Can I just copy the feature from the old license file, and add it to the new license file to get this working?n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Please have users go to Tools -> Options -> General Options -> General -> Desktop Configuration and select the box to use Pro, Premium and Enterprise licensing. The ensemble_25_sim license is resolved with the elec_solve_level1, elec_solve_level2 and elec_solve_hfss licenses.n
    • DavidFray
      Subscriber
      The TA made the change, and it worked for him. He is going to tell his students to also make the change.nI see the option when running 2020 R1. I have a user running Ansys Electromagnetic Suite 2019 R2 who does not see the option. He is trying to check out feature optimetrics, which again was in the old license file, but not the new one. Currently, he can't run.n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      The new licenses only support versions 2020R1 and newer. All users will need to update their installs.n
    • DavidFray
      Subscriber
      o.k., i will have users upgrade. Please change your documentation. https://download.ansys.com/-/media/customerportal/getting-started/2021-r1-licensing-updates-academic.pdf says The 2021 R1 License Manager understands both new and old license files and is fully compatible with previous versions of Ansys back to release 17.0
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      You're correct, the document should specify that the Electronics licenses are only compatible to 2020R1.nnThanksnMattn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.