General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Femur Bone Nonlinear Structural Analysis in Workbench 19.2

• kdyash
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am trying to simulate the behavior of femur bone fracture which has 3 cylindrical rods inserted to support the fracture. I applied Displacement Constraint and fixed support and ran the simulation on default settings. but the solution did not converge, 

Then I tried refining the mesh and adding meshing methods and contact meshing but still did not converge. Finally, I tried defining Contact formulation method, detection method, pinball region, and Adaptive non-linear zone and Substep [initial 40, Min-50 and  max-100] but the solution didn't converge. the following errors I get.

1) The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.  Please see the  Troubleshooting section of the Help System for more information.

2)The solution failed to solve completely at all time points. Restart points are available to continue the analysis. 

3)The unconverged solution (identified as Substep 999999) is output for analysis debug purposes. Results at this time should not be used for any other purpose.

4)Although the solution failed to solve completely at all time points, partial results at some points have been able to be solved.  Refer to Troubleshooting in the Help System for more details.

5) Contact status has experienced an abrupt change.  Check results carefully for possible contact separation.

Kindly suggest what can be done. I have gone through various other discussions and tried all but didn't work. 

I have attached the Project file in Zip format in Onedrive for the reference. Link Below

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArY_wS9Q7kNqjFd2pG8aZ08E0Cas?e=Oknfp5

Thank You 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Zip files are permitted for attachment, but the file size limit for any file type is 120 MB.

People with larger files post links to the file in their Google Drive or OneDrive, etc.

• kdyash
      Subscriber

thank you. I have uploaded the latest file in Onedrive after your suggestion. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.