Ansys Products

Ansys Products

file directory option

• KumarVaibhav
      Subscriber

i have observed that using ansys is occupying my C drive like anything so i changed the permanant and temporary file locations to D and E see the screenshot but my software is malfunctioning i think?Pls explain if i willl be able to open my old files with the default settings as before

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

How is it malfunctioning? Please explain.

How much disk space are you talking about? Can you provide some numbers of the drive and your computer specifications?

Lastly, are you working off a saved file or an unsaved file?

• KumarVaibhav
      Subscriber

i have a 250 Gb SSD drive in c and 1TB in D and E.it Is i7  processor with 32gb ram with windows 8.1 x64 

yes i am working with unsaved file often

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Ok So, save the workbench file on the D drive, i.e., the wbpj file, close an open or restart the computer even. I am guessing that the %appdata% environment variable is not updated.

As a check see where

%appdata%ansys 

points to when you open that location in a file manager or a command prompt?

Regards,

Sandeep

• KumarVaibhav
      Subscriber

sandeep can u tell me why i am not getting the green ticks after solving the model i instead get these green download sort of symbols due to which i am not able to view the solution parameter outputs.How should i restore my settings default ones back?pls help see the screenshot

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

It means a successful background solution that is ready for download. Please see this section of the manual.

Regards,

Sandeep

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.