October 3, 2018 at 7:25 ammega_kai2Subscriber
I have simulation in which I have to find the maximum B field on a plane (Plane 1) let's say 800mm away from the center of my simulation model. This is an eddy current simulation, so the excitations are sinusoidal. Now when I use the field calculator to find the maximum B-Field in Plane 1, I can do so with no problems. Furthermore I can also find the position where this maximum B-Field occurs with no problems. However, I have no idea about the phase at which the maximum B-Field occurs, or at least which calculator operations would work to find this phase.
I have tried plotting the point where the maximum B-Field occurs, and then generating a fields-report corresponding to a sweep in the phase (of the currents), but I couldn't exactly locate the phase where the maximum value occurs (or close to it).
The current operations I am performing in the fields calculator are:
Quantity -> B -> Mag
Geometry -> Surface -> Plane 1
Max (Value/Position) -> Eval
So my question is, is it possible to find the phase at which the Max occurs?
September 23, 2019 at 10:10 amRaju07Subscriber
Have you solved your problem? I want to find B field in different points around a permanent magnet. Could you please help me.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.