June 24, 2020 at 9:59 amabi151994Subscriber
I am doing a 2D Steady state thermal Simulation in APDL. The geometry is a simple rectangular model.
As boundary conditions I gave adiabatic on the left and Right Edge of the rectangle.
In the top and Bottom Edge I have given convection boundary condition. The heat is generated in the centre of the rectangle as Body force (bf,all,hgen,0.007).
I want to find out how much heat is transferred through the top and Bottom Edge. (through convection boundaries).
Is there way to find this in APDL?
(I saw in some tutorials to get the reaction loads in the boundary nodes. But in my model no reaction load is calculated when I checked)
Thanks in Advance.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.