Fluids

Fluids

fixing a temperature for the volumes

• rashid
      Subscriber

hi, iam fresh to the ANSYS, and i want to simulate the melting of PCM material in water tank, the solidification temperature of the pcm is 326.5K and liquification temperature is 327K, i want to set the pcm as solid at 326.3K so it can melt in water that is at 331.3K. the boundary conditions set the water and pcm and the copper container that is containing the pcm as interior which i cant change the temperature at that case unless i shift them to walls but the fluent wont run due to error if i shift them to walls.

the copper container thickness is 0.1 cm.]

boundary conditions

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nIf you include the copper cell zone in your analysis, you will not be able to specify the wall temperature. Fluent will create a coupled wall condition, which is what you are seeing. nHowever, if you are interested in providing a wall temperature, then you remove the copper cell zone from your computational model. You will simply have suppress the copper region in geometry and you should be able to specify a wall temperature.nKarthikn
    • rashid
      Subscriber

Hello,If you include the copper cell zone in your analysis, you will not be able to specify the wall temperature. Fluent will create a coupled wall condition, which is what you are seeing. However, if you are interested in providing a wall temperature, then you remove the copper cell zone from your computational model. You will simply have suppress the copper region in geometry and you should be able to specify a wall temperature.Karthikhttps://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/110562#Comment_110562

thanks for replying.also one more thing, since the water is inside the tank with no significant movement, the type of viscous doesn't matter. right ?ni can make it laminar of k-episilon n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Yep, since there is no significant flow, you can use laminar. nKarthiknn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.