November 8, 2022 at 3:09 pmCarlo SabbatiniSubscriber
i am currently trying to study the effect of air flow on damper's flaps.
I do an FSI one-way analysis (Fluent + Static Structural) use resultant pressure obtain by fluent as imported load in Static structural.
To Simulate Harmonic Response linked Static Structural to Modal and Modal to Harmonic Responce, but can't applied a load. I would import the flap's pressure obtain by Fluent but am not able to do.
This Pressure is frequency dependent to simulate an air flow generate by a centrifugal fan.
What method can i use to solve the problem?
November 9, 2022 at 2:49 pmErik KostsonAnsys Employee
Not sure we follow. If this is a 2 way FSI which it sounds like it is, then one can use system coupling between Fluent and Transient structural (see and search on the internet for video and tutorial on this as we do not have that here – since it is advanced).
Perhaps also this helps – if you have a frequency dependent pressure load from Fluent in a .cgns format then we can import this onto a surf154 element attached to a structure using the FLUREAD MAPDL command.
All the best
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.