Photonics

Photonics

flat lenses based on metasurface reflectarrays

• Barbara_Nicoll
      Subscriber
    • Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      Hi, as you said, "it's like it doesn't recognize my lens", this is the problem. before you simulate the metalens, could you please plot the phase change of each unit building-block and see if their phase can have focusing functionality with quadra-shape? There are some papers detailing such simulations in the literature. Lumerical has a detailed example here : https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042097313-Metalens-Zemax-Interoperability
      Please follow the suggested procedure and see if you can get something meaningful, then return it.
    • Barbara_Nicoll
      Subscriber
      Hi, thank you.
      I followed that link and I have the unit cell simulation file (attached). The phase shift it gave me is:
      in the paper this phase shift is :
      and for "see if their phase can have focusing functionality with quadra-shape?" I don't know how to do it. Sorry, it is my first time working with the program, Could you explain me, please?.
      I send both simulations, of the unit cell and the lens.

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      For a given theta, you can plot the phase change vs radius, and see how it changes. Do you arrange the unit cells according to their phase changes? do you use the correct polarization in the metalens simulation the same as the unit cell simulation? do you simulate it long enough to get accurate frequency-domain result? is the simulation terminated
      I would suggest that you first duplicate the online example results so to get the design/simulating methodology, and then do your own design. If followed, at least you should see some focusing effect, even though the result is nor perfect.

Please note that Lumerical gives phase from -pi to pi, not from 0 to 2*pi.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.