Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

FlexNet Licensing Error: – 5,357 ANSYS Student Version 2020R2

• LeeChengKai
      Subscriber

Hi all.

I recently downloaded ANSYS Student 2020R2 for academic use. While I was trying to create new geometry and new model in workbench, an error message appeared. I have tried reboot, uninstall and reinstall ANSYS products following proper steps, delete unwanted files, disable anti-virus products and delete future files but none of them worked. It seems like I could not start any other ANSYS products individually as well such as spaceclaim, design modeler, mechanical APDL etc. due to licensing problem.

Attachments below are the snapshots of the error message when I attempted to create new geometry in spaceclaim and design modeler and new model.

Does anyone have any other ideas how can I get this fixed? Urgently needed to get ANSYS workbench back to work to carry out my thesis. Thank you.

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee
      @LeeChengKai
      Could you please search the forum for posts with error "-88" or "System clock has been set back" for solutions?
      This is an issue with the system clock and will need to be corrected by modifying files on your system.
      Best Regards Geo
    • LeeChengKai
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your guidance, I finally solved the problem. It was caused by undetected future files existed in my computer. Windows explorer could not detect those files for some reason. I ended up using FileFinder to perform another thorough checkup for my computer and found out there were still many future files left. I deleted all of them and finally everything works!
      Regards Cheng Kai.
    • George Karnos
      Ansys Employee
      Excellent! I will go ahead and mark this closed!
      Take Care!
      Best Geo Karnos
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.