Tagged: ansys-fluent, error, fluent
June 10, 2020 at 9:46 pmjrparisSubscriber
I keep getting a floating-point exception trying to run a propeller in fluent that was created from OpenPROP. I've tried changing around the element size of the meshing and mimicking parameters from this videobut can't seem to solve the error. Does anyone have experience using propeller geometries in Fluent? Do you need to trim the trailing edges of the blade to avoid singularities?
Any tips or places to look would be hugely appreciated
June 11, 2020 at 1:38 amKarthik RAdministrator
What is your mesh quality? Please share either the minimum orthogonal quality or maximum skewness numbers? If the mesh is bad, you might need to identify the location with poor cells and improve the mesh.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.