Fluids

Fluids

floating point exception

• Kajo
      Subscriber
      Hello Ansys Team.nI do ah projekt for the University with the program ansys fluent. I compute the Simulations on an extern Server.nAfter some Simulations i got the error :nn Error at Node ... : Global Courant number is greater than 250.00 Thenvelocity field is probably diverging. Please check the solutionnand reduce the time-step if necessarynnAfter that i reduced the time steps and started ah new Simulation.nBut than i got new Errors.nnErrors : .) Floating Point exceptionn nand also Warning: An error or Interrupt occurred while reading the Journal file. Some commands may not have been completed.nnand the Simulation stoped.n nNow i dont know what to do. I hope you can help me.nnBest regard.nKaj
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      It's likely that the solution is changing too quickly for the time step you've chosen. Have a look at the solution to see what's going on. The error and journal warnings are output from the solver failing (probably diverging). n
    • Kajo
      Subscriber
      how can i reduce the solution so that the problem does not more exist?nBest regardsn
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Please try and reduce your time-step and see if your get a better convergence.nThanks.nKarthikn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.