Fluids

Fluids

Flow Iterate in FLUENT IC Engine

• Rajat25Arya
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am simulating Cold Flow of IC Engine but after some time it shows an error "Flow Iterate: Unassigned interface zones" and iterations stop.

What shoul I do to rectify this error ??????

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hello, 

Please check if you have any interfaces in you geometry. 

If you have any interfaces, please make sure that you define them correctly in Fluent. 

Regards,

Keyur

• seeta gunti
      Ansys Employee

Hello Rajat,

I guess you are simulating valve movement through dynamic meshing. The message tells you that you have non-conformal interface zones that has to defined but in your case, they are not defined properly. After reading the mesh into FLUENT, you need to visit Mesh interfaces and select these in each column and give it a name and select appropriate option and hit create. 

Regards,

Seeta

• Rajat25Arya
      Subscriber

Thank You mam 

This all can be done in FLUENT but IC Engine takes automatic Interface Zones and I am working on it.

you can see in picture.

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Have you attempted to go into WorkBench meshing and tried creating the necessary interfaces? The best way sometimes is to make sure you are able to read them right in WorkBench meshing before importing the model to Fluent. WorkBench meshing creates 'contacts' and they show up as 'Mesh interfaces' in Fluent. You might want to double check to see if you have the correct set of contacts / connections in WorkBench meshing. This might help you isolate the issue Seeta and Keyur are referring to. I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• Rajat25Arya
      Subscriber

Hello Karthik sir,

As you know IC Engine package does fully automatic hands free meshing and I just have to select type of mesh like Coarse, Medium or Fine. I dont know where I am lacking? I am going according to official tutorial but not able to complete full simulation till 720 crank angle. I think the  problem is in the mesh but where because several mesh operations start to happen automatically.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hello, 

Can you please let us know which tutorial you are following?

I see you are using 16.2. Can you please upgrade to 19.1 and check. 

Thanks!
      Regards,

Keyur

• Rajat25Arya
      Subscriber

I am using" ANSYS_Internal_Combustion_Engines_Tutori"

It is official tutorial of ANSYS but somehow I cant simulate by this.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

As highlighted my colleague: Can you please let us know which tutorial you are following?

I see you are using 16.2. Can you please upgrade to 19.1 and check. 

• Rajat25Arya
      Subscriber
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.