July 26, 2023 at 6:07 amYixuan ZhangSubscriber
I am using varfdtd to simulate a vernier resonator. The simulation size is about 100um * 100um. I set the simulation time very long(200000fs), and also enable the autoshutoff level min of 1e-05. When I run the simulation, the autoshuoff level decreases to around 4~8e-3 very quickly and then start to fluctuate and decrease very slowly. After 12 hrs, the autoshutoff level can only decrease to about 0.0008. does this phenomenon make sense?
July 28, 2023 at 5:59 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
This is most likely that such device has some strong resonance, which needs long time for the resonant signal to decay.
If you do not need very accurate transmission and reflection at the resonance, you can use "time apodization" in the monitor.
Please also check if the PML is thick enough. Occasionally PML may also cause fake resonance. However in such case changing the simulation span the resonace will shift, which can be differentiated from the real resonance.
Please refer to this post for more:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.